April 30, 2012

persisting Your Quest For Reduced Home power Consumption and a Greener Environment

As promised, here is the 3rd narrative on: "Save Up to 50% or More on Your Home power Bill approximately For Free".

At this point, I'm afraid I have to say we are at the end of the "Free Ride", from this point on it begins to dig into your pocket book. As the saying goes; "There is no such thing as a free lunch". So, if you're still with me, read on!

However, if we look beyond instant gratification we will comprehend that we are all in it for the long run, that recovery power isn't just for today, the next power bill or even tomorrow, next month or even next year. This is a long term battle we are in. The earth only has so much in the way of finite resources and if we want a better life for ourselves, our children and our grandchildren we must act now!




Ok, I'll get off my soap box and back to the purpose of these articles, cutting your power bills.

I probably should have said something earlier but all of what we have done to this point is predicated on and assuming that your "home" is up to snuff to begin with. By that I mean;

• Are your exiting windows in good shape?
• Are your weather seals colse to all exterior doors in good shape?
• How about insulation in both the walls and attic space?
• Have you had your furnace tuned up in the last incorporate of years?
• Have you had your air conditioning checked for maximum efficiency?

I could go on and on but I think you get the idea and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that if you have stayed with me this long, you probably have already conception about this stuff on your own!

At this point I cannot stress sufficient that if you are committed to see this straight through it would be well worth your time and money to spend in "The power Savings Manual" (see lowest of narrative ).

Just to clear the air, I am not an laborer nor do I have any venture in the above product, I just happen to believe that it is one of the better resources out there.

Below are two items I want to touch on in this article. I want to spend some time here so I am only going to cover two at this time.

So, here is the starting of "The List"!!!!

1. Programmable thermostat
2. Dehumidifier for your basement

Programmable Thermostat;

Programmable thermostats have been colse to for a very long time and are a very sound investment. They can control both heating and cooling and be set up to have multiple set points over as many as a seven day period with multiple "events" for each day of the week!

Here I am going to make a personal hint based on past experience. Go with Honeywell! You will not be sorry, Period!

The "Top-Of-The-Line today, seems to be the "Prestige Hd 7-Day Programmable Home relieve System". Looks like 9 to 9 plus installation; this is Not a Diy item!

More in my line of thinking (Cheap!), is the old standby, the tried and true, Chronotherm Iii, been colse to forever, not the "latest and greatest, wiz-bang-wireless-control from everywhere "would you like me to pour your coffee?" technology but for straightforward old me, it does the job:

1 Stage Heating And 1 Stage Cooling, 24 Vac System, Heating Or Cooling principles Powered. Weekday Saturday/ Sunday Programming, Heat-Off-Cool principles Switch, On-Auto Fan Switch, Switch For Independent Or Direct Thermostat control Of Fan In Heating, recovery Override Option, With Subbase, Dimensions:H 4" X W 7" X D 2", Weight:14 Oz.

Cost: As of May 2010, .00 plus .95 S&H on eBay and with just basic hand tools, a petite time and coarse Sense, you can do it your self! (You did turn off the power to the furnace, didn't you?)

Fact: The average household spends more than ,200 a year on power bills - nearly half of which goes to heating and cooling. Homeowners can save about 0 a year by properly setting their programmable thermostats and maintaining those settings.

The above tells me that my Roi (Return On venture ) for this guy is a no-brainer or about 9 months!

Next on my list, Dehumidifier for your basement, from 0 to 0 for transportable unit:

Did you know; The average power Star remarkable dehumidifier can save consumers more than per year. Over the life of the unit, that's more than 0 in savings!

Under the umbrella of dehumidifiers, consumers have a few choices. The first thing to reconsider is a unit's capacity -- the maximum number of condensation a dehumidifier is capable of removing from the air in a 24-hour period. But approximately as foremost is the size of the unit's variety container. Unless you are connecting a hose to your dehumidifier (so the condensed water can continually flow into a floor drain), a variety container's size is a crucial factor. Larger containers won't need to be emptied as oftentimes as smaller containers.

Although all dehumidifiers automatically shut off when their targeted humidity level is reached, many models' internal fans now continue to run to keep air circulating. Unfortunately, this can growth power consumption and originate a continuous background noise that some owners find bothersome, particularly in quiet spaces like bedrooms.

Many dehumidifiers are also now power Star-certified, a label that signifies the model has met the U.S. Environmental safety Agency's standard for power efficiency. power Star products consume 10 to 20 percent less power than standard dehumidifiers.

Humidifiers do more than just dehumidify, they help address potential health issues such as mold and mildew and also protect items stored in your basement from moisture damage.

Now this strategy is not for every person and some habitancy disagree with what I do in my home but, I have a closed loop forced hot air principles with central air conditioning; in other words, I continually re-cycle the already conditioned air in the house (to save money!). So, if I dehumidify my basement, why not take advantage of the constant 55 Deg. F., dehumidified air in the basement and use it for "free cooling" at night? Yes, I do reach a point of diminishing returns but typically I am able to turn off the air at night and just run the furnace fan.

Ok, we are done for now so go grab your tools and get busy!

persisting Your Quest For Reduced Home power Consumption and a Greener Environment

Pci Wireless Network Card What is a Conforming Loan Definition Sprint HTC Evo 4G Phone